Shipyard Competency & Technology Transfer Project
Purpose of Project and Background
The Shipyard Competency & Technology Transfer Project (hereinafter called ‘STTCP’.) is being commissioned to enhance current productivity and capability of the steelwork panel lines and other shipyard production matters in shipyards. The importance of this project is underlined by the need to consider new building (onshore, offshore and floating docks) projects. As shipyards continue to develop their facility and capability, it is strategically crucial to ensure business sustainability in the long term and also implement industry best practices in the nascent stage of the shipyard.
From January, 2011, JangWon SM Co., Ltd. (hereinafter called ‘JWSM’.), based in Korea was invited to visit the shipyards and participate in the discussion of Shipyard Competency & Technology Transfer Project (hereinafter called “SCTTP”). A number of broad ranging shipyard production and project issues were discussed. Subsequently, JWSM assembled a team of ex – DSME, SHI and HHI personnel and experienced shipyard candidates normally have first focused on panel line operation and steelwork fabrication productivity.
- The outline of STTCP is as follows:
- A. JWSM offers comprehensive consulting services for shipyards’ productivity enhancement and it involves the ratio nalization of facility utilization, the transfer of production technology and human asset supply management. The project shall also offer the following, but not limited to;
- i. High degree of operational safety, flexibility and maintainability of production facilities
- ii. Innovative and cost effective solution
- iii. High degree of professionalism in dealing with shipyards’ projects, production targets and schedules, and stakeholders
- B. JWSM optimizes the panel line operation by placing Korean shipyard experts under cooperation of shipyards to manage and operate panel shops together with existing shipyards’ panel line teams.
We would like hereby to explain that basically JWSM is providing following fourstyles for this business.
- Business Style A:
- JWSM will deploys numbers of Korean delegation consisting of control and operating groups, as shown on ‘Business Style A’. In this style, there are eighteen (18) individually operable work packages. Shipyards can select the packages as much as Shipyards requires and participating JWSM persons are selected from its consulting manpower pool for individual work package. The participating persons will work for the agreed time length on Shipyard sites with the salary and in working conditions agreed upon mutually. Shipyard workers will be consulted by JWSM’s delegation and JWSM will not be responsible for Shipyard worker’s performances while JWSM’s appropriate consultation is being offered and after JWSM’s appropriate consultation has been offered.
- Business Style B:
- JWSM will deploy numbers of Korean delegation consisting of control and operating groups, as shown on ‘Business Style B’. In this style, there is one (1) work package and JWSM’s duty will be concentrated on the ‘Management of Workshop and Workforce’, in which JWSM will establish Korean work ethics and culture in efficient panel operations in Shipyards, including recruitment, training and imparting the right skills.
Once Shipyards select this style, participating JWSM persons will be selected from its consulting manpower pool as appropriate. The participating persons will work for the agreed time length on Shipyards’ site with the salary plus performance-based benefits and in working conditions agreed upon mutually. Shipyards’ workers will be consulted by JWSM’s delegation and JWSM will not be responsible for Shipyard worker’s performances after JWSM’s appropriate consultation has been offered.
- Business Style C:
- This style is direct operation of Panel Lines by JWSM.
JWSM believe the shipyard competence transfer shall be realized in most manifest and efficient manner, in parallel with JWSM’s subcontract-production in Shipyards’ steel working shops.
The numbers of JWSM’s participating persons and corresponding manpower volumes could be differently required annually, as per the duration of project implementation.
- Business Style D:
- Shipyards to dispatch shipyards’ workers to JWSM, based in Korea and shipyards’ workers to be taught by JWSM.
- 1. When business style B is implemented, SN 1,2,5,6,7,10~14 in business style A are included in style B and accordingly the manpower required for them can be saved. (totally 96manmonths)
- 2. The numbers in parentheses ( ) denote the serial numbers of modules used for business type A.
- 3. A general manager will work on the of “come-and-go” basis. A management staff will work on site normally.
- 4. Organization chart of Business Type B: see ‘Organization Chart’ below.
Organization Chart of JWSM’s consulting manpower pool
The organization chart hereunder can be esteemed a typical JWSM’s consulting manpower pool
Business Style A
Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Business Style B
Please contact us (email@example.com)